Thursday, July 29, 2010

trying to stay cool

in this record-breaking heat with some stitching on cool whites and off-whites. I've started three in a series of nine which will be assembled together.

Still practicing bead wrapping. It turns out that it's something I can do while riding in a car. But I can't actually concentrate on a design or assemble the pieces together. Interesting. I can sew and piece and applique while riding in a car but not do embroidery or add embellishments.
The flowers I started from seeds and finally transplanted outside are doing well. There is also a volunteer pumpkin plant.







I really like the mottled look of these roses.

7 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I wish I could do something in the car! I get very sick. How fun to have the volunteer pumpkin growing... and I would like to have that rose! What is the name of that rose, do you know?
We are having a cool summer in the micro-climate where we live. It hasn't been hot since June.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Unfortunately, I can only stitch in the car for a short period of time or I will get sick.

Anonymous said...

i can't do any of that in the car, lucky you. That rose is gorgeous and I love volunteer plants, surprise visitors to the garden. Hopefully we will all get rid of this steamy mess by tonight! xox Corrine

Quilt or Dye said...

On my last road trip I found that I could hand quilt small projects. That was interesting since generally my options for not throwing up are staring out the window or sleeping. That little discovery certainly made the trip more interesting (and productive) for me!

Bea said...

Zinnia's, gotta love them. I planted some on the outside of my garden fence and they have really taken off. They have such happy colors, don't they? :)Bea

Threads of Inspiration said...

It is nice to have projects that can be done in the various situations that we find ourselves during the day.

layers said...

I love white on white-- something so pure and lovely. stay cool