Sunday, February 27, 2011

lucky


None of the photos I've taken do her any justice at all. Her name is Amaia and I am the lucky recipient of her from Joanne! She is exquisitely detailed and incredibly gorgeous. According to her tag,  "Amaia is a sturdy Basque mountain nymph, ready to lead you on any path you set out on. She is a bold guide and a trusted companion." I am so lucky to have her for my companion!

Joanne included this lovely card that is also a piece of artwork in itself. I'm trying to decide whether to frame it or to use it as the cover for a journal I'm creating to use for collecting and consolidating my little scraps of paper with sketches and ideas.

Thank you Joanne for your kindness and generosity!


8 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

lucky you!

put a photo copy of the card on the journal cover and frame the real thing!

Healing Woman said...

I love that card! Soooo creative. I think I'd put it on the journal cover.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would like a guardian like that, lucky you. xox corrine

Kris said...

Lucky is right! What a delightful doll.

Dorthe said...

She is fantastic,you was so lucky winning her, Deborah-
xo,Dorthe

Joanne Huffman said...

I'm very pleased you like her! In case you're wondering, the card is a photoshopped image of my older daughter as a dragon hatching (I love using my daughters in photoshop because they are so much more compliant in imagery than they are in real life).

Yvonne said...

What a lovely little doll!

Kathy McElroy said...

I am the lucky owner of one of Joanne's dolls. I love her.