Monday, November 23, 2009

in the middle

These started out as a series of circles for a project that a friend and I were working on together. My friend changed her mind but I was glad that we had started because otherwise this would have been fabric that I was reluctant to cut. These are evolving into circles with the centers cut out in freehand style and then appliqued on blue backgrounds with little snippets of other fabrics slipped in to cover the holes in the middle. I have several circles to work with but my plans are to use nine for this small project.

5 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Love your free hand circles and choice of fabic; looks like this will be a fun project:-)

Goosey said...

I have just found your blog and am enjoying looking at your lovely quilting. The circles are very bold and striking.

ParisMaddy said...

Can't wait to see where these go from here. The fabrics are great and the circles are striking.

Millie said...

Deborah...I love your free hand circles blocgs. The blue/green color is so striking.

Julie Bagamary said...

These circles are great!