Monday, November 15, 2010

Mrs Moen Napkin Challenge



Need inspiration? Some design ideas? Nina Lise is holding a Napkin Challenge that I'm finding to be a great source of inspiration.


First I was considering one of these:

Then I decided I liked this one much better:


But . . . since then I've discovered one that I liked best of all and this weekend I finished the piece. But I won't be showing it until December 1.
In the meantime, though, I might just go back and make a second one based on the third napkin.

8 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Very fun idea! By the way, there is a necklace on the Blog- Pieces From My Heart- that you might like to see. It is her wedding necklace and is made from olde jewelery. It is nice.. Just thought of you when I saw this...

Patty ♣ said...

http://piecesfrommyheart-sgervais.blogspot.com/

Healing Woman said...

You are certainly making this intriguing and fun. I love all of the napkins shown so whatever you come up with will probably be grand.

Dotti said...

Great looking napkins there...if I hadn't been in a napkin swap I wouldn't have been able to participate. I've got mine sandwiched with the batting for some hand embroidery (mine's an art quilt) and then it will be backed and quilted. I figure I'm about two days out and it will be a done deal! This challenge was fun Fun FUN!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge, Deborah, and I love the fall colours and shapes in your napkins.
I too have used two different napkins and if I had time there's a third that also would make a great quilt. Is there such a thing as too much inspiration??

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I can't wait to see your piece

Thistle Cove Farm said...

You've introduced me to something new...a napkin challenge...off to investigate.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh I must look into this. I love working with napkins. Love yours!