Tuesday, March 30, 2010

full crow moon art doll


This is my creation for Bea's Dog in the Hole Full Crow Moon or Full Crust Moon or Full Sap Moon art doll. She's a little larger than last month's doll, and was created using a freehand drawn pattern. She's made of fabric, lace, ribbon, buttons and feathers, and is also embellished with wire, sticks from my backyard, a sculpey face and a paper bead.
 I took this photo of a tree with sap buckets last Sunday. This is the first time I've actually seen this.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very cool art doll. I love the blue. The sap buckets are great. Flowers would look great in one.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like those turquoise feathers.
Your sculpy faces are so good! We missed seeing the full moon with all this rain.

Anonymous said...

We haven't seen the full moon either, too much rain here as well; but my doll got done anyhow. I love yours, Deborah! Enlarging gave me a good view, right down to the glitter. I've tried using sticks from my yard and still want to do that. You have inspired me to try again. I also love the buttons, especially the lone blue one among the others that are darker. She's wonderful!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

She is beautiful, Deborah, and a little scary. I guess that would be the crow part; they always seem to be a little bit on the dark side, at least here.