Friday, March 19, 2010

one or the other





I've been working on altering a piece of fabric for Down the Rabbit Hole with Bea. So far it has been fun although full of accidents. First, I inadvertently cut two pieces of fabric instead of one. Then when pressing them, I managed to get a rust streak on one of the pieces. I decided that was a happy accident and started altering that piece.


I used two shades of brown pens and two shades of thread to paint and stitch. That same morning I didn't make enough coffee and then accidently made too much so I experimented with splattering droplets of coffee on it.

Not being entirely sure how it was going to turn out, I started altering the other piece by sewing a variety of blue pieces on it. I'm looking forward to the next steps, whatever they may be.


I also finished the earrings I had started.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee staining makes for an interesting abstract and the sky is so blue these past few days, blue on blue, heaven on your other piece.

Eva said...

Dancing along the fine line between intention and accident -- very subtle. Some magic seems to be starting.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I like your earrings. Very pretty.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Sounds like an interesting and fun experiment.
Love the earrings!

Quilt or Dye said...

ohhhh! Keep me appraised on the brown tone one. It looks interesting.

Yvonne said...

I'm in the same challenge and find it interesting so far. Love your earrings. I just nominated you for the Sunshine Blog award, if; you are interested come check it out.

Bea said...

Love the way those accidents happen. :)Bea

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a 'happy accident' for inspiration and challenge! ; )

LOVE those earrings!!!

Dotti said...

Well, I see we are all in good company over at Dog in the Hole! I'm there too! Love the earrings!

layers said...

happy accidents are wonderful-- when you incorporate these accidents into your work you never know where you will end up-- a wonderful piece.

elle said...

I'm here checking out sunshine nominees and I admire your handwork. I shall check back to see how your happy accidents turn out after I get my own project finished.

Melissa ;-) said...

I found this challenge via Yvonne at Ink Spillers Attic and I am very interested to see what you all come up with!

BT said...

Wow, I love the accidental one! The blues are pretty but I think the coffee stained one is more fun!

Sandra said...

You make great use of accidents :)
Lovely earrings.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

There are no accidents...remember this simple lesson as you dive down the rabbit hole...Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart